Re: Nano Empire: an iOS strategy game about creating your own world

Hey guys, time for Alec's post game review:
Quite an epic numbers game I must say. It's awesome how a few thousand of everything turns into hundreds of millions by the end of the game. I suppose that's to demonstrate the sheer tininess and multiplying insanity of supposedly adorable little nanobots. I agree with the two others that have completed the game in that the ending was quite abrupt. My world was only 60% complete when civilization as I knew it ended, so I hadn't created and explored all of the locations available. A bit disappointing, but I'm sure I'll convince myself to start over and try again in a day or two, or perhaps sooner.
About VO jumping to the top of the screen, it's a screen scrolling issue. When you use object navigation AKA swiping between stuff, there are sometimes inconsistencies where what VO is telling you and what the screen displays don't match up. I think the only way to fix that is to make the objects a bit taller so the cursor doesn't get confused and jump around. I'm also running into a problem where when using object nav, VO will click on the item next or previous to the one I wanted. I think that happens for the same reason. To avoid the scrolling issue, just scroll the screen normally with three finger swipes up and down and use drags and split taps. You'll get things done much faster that way, I promise.
Now let's talk strategy. I'm first going to tell you that, energy, is, your, friend. You can never have enough of it. Immediately after popping into existence, grab all the energy bonuses you can find and save defenses for a bit later. More energy means higher levels, and higher levels mean better abilities and way, way more power. Enemies can never permanently damage you in any way. The worse they can do is repeatedly whale on you and keep you from progressing. I haven't seen all the locations yet, but in my opinion, the four which are b y far the most useful for the middle of the game are the towers, temple, privateer's cavern and probably the personal housing to speed things along. Level 4 towers have the ability to give you 500 attack or defense production at no cost, random chance, temple of the star level 3 has a relatively weak enemy you can repeatedly beat up for 300 energy production each, and the privateer's cavern level 3 has an enemy you can beat up for 150 follower production each as well as plunder bonuses that definitely should not be underestimated. The shimmering clouds are pretty great for earlier on as well because at level 3 you can capture red clouds which give 150 attack production each. Another thing you guys might want to know is that enemies can be used to your advantage a good bit of the time if you know what you're doing. Even though an enemy's attack depends not on who it is but on your defense, giving the enemy a good whipping, especially several times in a row can boo st up your defenses and prepare you for when the enemy assaults you. Also, zapping and recruiting while you're defending is always in your best interest, and I really do mean always. If you fend off the attacker, you'll almost always make back what you spent on zapping and then some. If you lose, the math of the game will cause you to be no worse off. For all of these reasons, the campaign enemies are really nothing worse than annoying, and if you play your cards right they can often even be helpful. You should be focusing all your time on grabbing up all the truly massive bonuses the underworld has to offer and expanding your world. If you snap up most of those bonuses quick and combining that with repeated pressing of those four structures I mentioned, you'll soon be up to your balls in stuff, but not until almost the end of the underworld.
That, was a long post. I hope i'm helping though. Have fun guys, and I look forward to giving this another go soon en ough.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jsenter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shuteye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : alec via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Leon Stewart via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector