Re: GDC talk about overwatch's approach to audio:

Good video, thanks for sharing.
It is great that they are experimenting with more informed sound, rather than playing sounds at the realistic levels, or playing all vocals the same for all players.
I hope they start a trend that gets other game companies incorporating more informed sound.
I also like how they said you could get a good sense of your surroundings by using their quad delay system, which is apparently pretty inexpensive performance wise, and something I think would benefit blind players in many first person games, not just shooters.
Lots of good stuff to learn from, but the thing that stuck out to me most is this Dolby Atmos system over headphones that apparently is able to let you sense height through audio.
I'll have to look more into that.
Do you need a special set of headphones to get the benefits of Dolby Atmos?
I wonder how difficult it is to use from the programming / sound production end.