Re: Avalon RPG

@Mirage,some advice would be appreciated. last time I ran into bard before I really knew what I was about, this time I want to take time in choosing but it's a little difficult with so little experience of in game activities or what you actually do, particularly sinse as I gather most activities in the game are a matter of choice rather than profession, eg, everyone can! fight and do quests, but mages use magic to do them, knights hit things etc, and apparently you learn more about these through doing guild badges.

I have had a think and I think everything in the game works so differently to most other muds I've tried I really can't make any preconceptions. Eg, I don't usually! like pvp, but some of the conqeust and legion battle stuff sounds interesting to try at least, so I think I'll be better just trying things while doing guild badges, but that still leaves me with the problem of selecting a profession, something I really don't know about s inse the help is so none specific.

I did try the selectioncommand and gave mage a go, and with the help of a couple of other kind players saw a bit how things work. I don't think mage is for me sinse the mana and magic use seemed rather fidly, particularly sinse unlike in most games you had to meditate to regain mana and could do nothing else, even use chat channels while meditating which could be frustrating.

But now I have a problem, sinse I'd like to try out Knight, but apparently it'd be a bit pointless without a sword to fight with, but I can't get a sword because they're expensive, and I don't know if I'd do knight perminantly, as to some other professions like seer, thief and druid god knows.

apparently switching professions is possible so I might just say "bugger it" and try loremaster which seems something of a jack of all trades, and then maybe switch around later on.

I confess this quandry is proving a bit problematic, so yesterday I just said "never mind" and played altereon for a bit which is far more streight forward.

Btw, this is why I prefer games that leave you character options open for the future and just let you try things than ones where you say "I must! be this class forever more amen" sinse god knows what your spposed to choose when you have no idea of the game.

So, any professions advice appreciated big_smile.