Re: Braille Note Touch

Chriss, while the touch probably could run Marshmallow, keep in mind, Kitkat isan incredibly stable foundation to build upon. Cyanogen, for example, was at its absolute peek in Kitkat. But eithr waey, if Google thought it would be better to run Marshmallow on the Braillenote Touch, they wouldn't have recommended Kitkat. I'm sure the keysoft screen reader will be updated over the air. As for talkback, I am not very sure on that one, but wouldn ot recommend it because braille support would be lacking. With that in mind, if you turn off the touchbraille, you will be able to use keysoft with your standard android gestures on regular android phones. Keysoft apps are included onthe braillenote Apex, in the same interface we're used to. Most of the apps operate similarly to the previous Braillenotes, with the added sync to google calendar and contacts in the keysoft planner and contacts app. The book reader is actually a victor reader soft, ported to android. It offers the same features as the classic victor reader stream, and if you put in a stream sd card, it will integrate seemlessly with victor reader soft, however last I've heard they haven't put Audible in yet. It doesn't have internet radio and book downloading support yet, however if you plan to use bookshare, victor reader soft and go-read make a pretty good combination. You can download books with go-read, and read them on the fly with victor readre soft. You are most certainly not locked into keysoft. In the main menu is an all applications seciton, where you will see all of your applications. This is a google certified tablet, so it meets all the requirements of mainstream tablets. Vibration motor, accelerometer, gps chip, and all the google apps. You can, for example, use either the keysoft calendar or google calendar, depending on preference, and your events will never go out of sync. The best part, is that the play store is most definitely included. Any app that's a ccessible, will work on the Braillenote Touch. However, if, like most android phones, all your apps install automatically when you sync your account for te firhst time, I would remove any custom launchers you may have, as those may cause the braillenote touch to act funny if using keysoft. The only major thing the braillenote touch can't do yet, is be a braille display for a computer, however that is most likely an android limitation. The camera on the Touch will come with its own ocr based on Kerzweil's ocr technology, cranked up to 3 seconds or less to recognize a print doumcntE !You heard right, that's what the Humanware rep told me. With all these things in mind, while there are certainly great braille devices that are cheaper than this, the Braillenote Touch has surpassed these. Now, more than anything, it's actually Hims's turn to catch up. While they weren't nearly as behind as others were, this is their turn to try and catch up. However, assumin g their next sense device is android based, there won't be a huge gap as far as advantages when getting new notetakers. The camera is a yes, because Hims would probably be working with Google just as much as Humanware did. If you favor TouchBraille with a keyboard at your disposal, then you could get a Braillenote Touch. If you don't care for the screen that much, knowing that Hims keyboards are still reasonably quiet, you can get their device when it comes. WHatever floats your boat. Personally I'm going for the Touch, but the point is that now we can potentially have a lot more freedom when getting notetakers to chooose which one suits us best, provided they're on the same open platform.