turning off laptop screen?

Hey guys and gals,

So, another question for you all. For the past few years now I've been using a Mac, which allowed me to use a really handy feature. I could adjust its screen brightness from super bright, all the way to off.

Well as of today, I'm back to using a PC full-time... And unfortunately, this computer, like most PC's I've encountered, doesn't dim the brightness all the way to off. Also, sadly, my old trick of setting the computer to output video to an imaginary external monitor no longer works in Windows 10. So, is there a way to force the PC to turn off the screen and still allow me to use it? Even at its lowest brightness, this thing has a rather fierce display...

Thanks in advance for any tips. If not... Well, guess I'll have to once again train myself to deal with a permanently active screen...

Best, Albano.