Re: turning off laptop screen?

What I do is leave the screen settings alone so that it is usable during those rare moments when I need sighted help. I go into the power settings and set the action for when the lid is closed to "Do Nothing". Most laptops have a built in switch that turns off the screen when the lid is closed.

If you prefer to keep the lid open, you could try pressing the blue "Fn" key that most laptops have plus "F8". On Most laptops this key toggles between using the built in screen or an external monitor or both. When the toggle is set to external monitor, your built in screen will turn off.

Note that you may want to check your laptop's manual. Most, if not all, laptops have a screen toggle key as I described, but it may not be the blue "Fn" plus "F8" keys.

hth

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector