Re: your thoughts about this laptop?

Let me guess, it's the ROG GL552VW machine? I literally just bought this myself a few days ago and have been playing with it for the last two. It truly is a beast of a machine, though I got a somewhat more toned down version. Only two gigs of ram in the graphics card instead of three, and a 1-tb hard drive... Which I just replaced with a 512-gig SSD earlier today. All that for about a thousand bucks... And the build, while not as solid as the Macbook I had until recently, seems pretty sturdy. Metallic lid, smooth plastic front panel, rough plastic bottom. Hinges seem quite solid, which is something I definitely check for when getting a new computer.
As far as specs... Let me tell you, I've been throwing some pretty rough tests on this machine, including playing Mortal Kombat X with higher graphics settings... And it laughed at me. Didn't even heat up all that much while playing. The only slight irritation I have with the machine is its truly wimpy battery. Only a four-cell battery for a machine of this power level seems awfully negligent on Asus' part... I get about four hours of battery while doing ordinary stuff with screen brightness set to minimum. You'll probably get less because your system has a few more things to handle. Still, overall it's quite beautiful. Enjoy!

Best, Albano.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Deng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Deng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : App con via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : App con via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Deng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector