Re: Villains from Beyond, new collaboration project between me and Oriol G

I know you can do that with your shieldbits, but I was hoping there could also be one specifically for ground enemies, since there is one specifically for air enemies, and in level 5 and up, ground enemies are the bigger problem IMO.

Yeah I realized that about the obtained item sounds after I looked at the example pack, sorry about that, guess I just didn't think it through first, also, I like that synth, so don't think I'm knocking it because I'm not!  big_smile  It was a very inventive idea to use it in this way in the first place, and it works well.

The only reason it becomes difficult to tell the armored airships apart from the ground bases is because the pitch of the enemies is randomized, so if the airship's ends up being much lower or the base's much higher than normal, which happens often enough to become an issue, then they can sound very similar especially from a distance.

I can tell the difference between those sign waves when I hear them of course, but in the heat of battle it's nearly impossible for me to tell between those three particular ones, and while it doesn't really matter if you know what your getting before hand anyway, since there are no bad items, I guess I just figured that the differentiation was there for some reason...  And I can't imagine most people being able to tell either.

On another note though, as I was looking through some of the sounds in the example pack earlier, I thought of a couple of things that may help pack creators not have to jump through as many hoops or cut as many corners.

Firstly, the possibility of having a separate sound for your beam when your using it while the aerial rapid fire powerup is active would be nice... Of course you could easily just make two copies of the same sound with differen t names and therefore it wouldn't change if you didn't want it to.

Secondly, it seems like with events within levels, like when you use an antiaircraft burst or a shieldbit burst, there is a delay before new ships appear that is significantly longer than the normal one that happens when you shoot a single ship down with the beam and the next one arrives.

I don't know how this is calculated right now, but my idea is that it would be nice if new ships wouldn't actually start showing up unless the aerial burst or shieldbit burst sounds were over, possibly with a hard limit of like, five or ten seconds.
The reason I say this is because while item obtain sounds are easy to make short versions of, it might be nice to have miniature cut scenes for big attacks like that, without making it so that the player can't hear over them and gets killed because of it.

I know that ten seconds sounds like a long time, but when I was thin king about the pack that I wanted to create, I realized that if I wanted to do what I was planning, then I'd need six or seven seconds to do it correctly.
Who knows, there might even be enough time for that now, but since I can't see the code, I don't know if that would always be the case as it stands now, and without knowing that, I don't feel comfortable doing that to the player, especially on a high level that took a long time to get to.

Lastly, I just wanted to point out a small error in the readme, which by the way is written quite well, it's just this one thing probably slipped past, happens to all of us sometimes.

It's in the section that describes the level three aerial enemy "The porter" and the word "line" is incorrectly spelled
as: "alne".  Not a big deal of course but I thought you should know.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mohamed the weirdo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bucklee12 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mohamed the weirdo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mohamed the weirdo via Audiogames-reflector