Re: New computer,what should I go for,mac,windows etc

Stop turning this poor guy's topic into your own personal dick measuring contest for massive tech giants who couldn't give less of a shit about your opinion either way, please and thank you, everyone not blinded by favoritism already knows that Mac and Windows, Android and IOS are both full of flaws and innovations in nearly equal measure. Apple is generally less so, and it's inherently streamlined interface helps it out, but it's catching up quickly do to the death of the (great?) Steve Jobs, and Microsoft still offers far more user customization for free or cheap, and probably always will, just like it will probably always feel somewhat cobbled together and be more prone to security threats.
I can't really comment on the hole Google VS Apple thing as I don't actually own either of their mobile devices, but I'm guessing it's basically the same.
Mostly, it's about personality and how much your willing to put up with, which are both subjective things, and if people didn't want these differing types of user experiences in the first place, (restrictive but reliable), or (ungraceful but freeing), then neither of them would exist in the first place, so clearly either everyone is wrong or everyone is right.
People without a few thousand dollars to throw away don't have time for this type of BS, just saying.
So since you both do seem to potentially have useful information to share, then can you just redirect your efforts towards helping the OP, or just not post here and talk about this somewhere else instead?  Since it is a valid, if rather tired, argument to debate on...

Yeah thanks for reminding me about that, I'm going to look at a few Windows computers now.