Re: What was the First Audio Game or Game Genre you were Exposed to?

Hi.
Cool topic you get a thumbs-up from me mohamed! I remember playing a lot of games over the years. I was born blind and I can remember back to when I couldn't play games at all. I remember when I was little and we got a nintendo. My family tried to teach me super mario and the simpsons but I could never get the hang of it. What I did like was the duckhunter game that was really fun! Mostly when I was little I listened while my family played videogames. That was a lot of fun for me even if I didn't get to play them. I remember at elementary school they had nintendo and there was this game where you had to avoid bombs or something. I usually got blown up lol.
In elementary school I mostly remember playing typing or math games on the school's computers which was fun. The first games I was exposed too that I could play were fighting games. My friend had a super nintendo and taught me how to play street fighter (2 I think it was but I just called it street f ighter). Also mortal kombat 2 or 3 can't remember which.
Fighting games were my thing for a long time my favorite was clay fighter 63_1/3. I was really good at that one. When I was younger I was terrified of the mortal kombat games on the nintendo 64.
I didn't discover audio games until I was about 12 or 13. I didn't have internet at home so one day I had my mobility teacher google games for the blind. We found a lot and she bought me chilingham and grizly gulch as gifts. Those were the first audiogames I ever played and I was hooked. After that I had to play a lot of audiogames at school like gma tank commander and shades of doom. Something funny I was confused by tank commander and shades of doom after playing bavisoft games. Compared to bavisoft gma games are very complex. Needless to say it took me a while to understand how to play those games. Afqr that I discovered muds and all the rest.
Well that's my life story of playing games. I enjoyed t elling it I hope you guys got something out of it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mohamed the weirdo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kingzombie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rok . mulec via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mohamed the weirdo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mohamed the weirdo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindgamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mohamed the weirdo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector