email problem in states

Hi.

I'm currently at my lady's sister's in Pencilvania. The network here is fine, accept for one weerd thing. I can recieve emails but not send them, when I try I get something about "socket error port 25"

Any suggestions? I'm using a pop 3 smtp server with outlook express, and no, I'm not changing mail accounts, indeed that would sort of negate the purpose of me using email at all since the point is keeping in touch with all the people who have! my email account, I presume it's a port problem. I know it's not the firewall settings or similar, and I've used these accounts with various networks, it just seems to be this one. Whether it's because it's in America I don't know, though at least one of the accounts is administered by a friend of mine in the states anyway so theoretically it shouldn't be a problem.

Any assistance much appreciated.