Re: Some bad and unfortunate news

I had that happen to me about 13 years ago. I was notified by a web site I had an account on that they had been hacked and that they were recommending that anyone who used the same password at other sites, change the passwords at those other sites.

I was using the same password at any site that needed one.

Fortunately I had just discovered RoboForm and had just started using it. For those who don't know, RoboForm is a program that works through your browser and can fill forms for you. The most common forms are log in forms, so RoboForm can remember all the passwords you use for various sites.

RoboForm also has a password generator, so I started using it to generate random 16 character passwords. Now, no two sites use the same password, and the passwords are very strong, minimizing any chances of being hacked because of weak passwords.

Since then, none of my many accounts on the many web sites has ever been hacked.

Once bitten, twice shy.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RichYamamoto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector