Question for anyone who uses a Trekker Breeze

Hi guys.

  I recently got out my old Trekker Breeze to start using it again. It didn't take long to remember why I put it away in the first place. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this problem, or if it's something wrong with my Breeze only. I find the default speech rate to be way too slow, so I went into the settings and made it faster. The problem is that it seems the faster I make the speech, the more the Breeze stutters when it talks. Even doing something as simple as navigating through the settings menu makes it setting while it's talking. I know stutter isn't the right word, but I don't really know how else to explain it. It sounds like the speech is cutting in and out, pausing at random places. I'll make a recording if necessary. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this? I can't tolerate the horribly slow default speech rate, so I need to speed it up. The Breeze is an awesome little device, but this one thing i s making me angry.