Re: Help with movement on Map in Python

That is strange, I have spent the past several hours trying tomake this work, but I can't seem to get it working just right.
I am unable to get this event loop working, I changed it back to pygame.event.wait() and I was able to get some results, but I was having some other problems, and I would like to use the event loop so that I can test for other events that I create later. I found that if I press the arrow keys several times for a long period of time, I can get the map to respond, else, nothing.

I apologize, the game module I was importing actually had no purpose, I must have forgotten to remove it after some test. I did try running the map as a stand alone module, but got the same result. So after changing my map a lot, I just recopied my code from my last post and I will start from where I was. I just don't know what to do. This looks like it should work, but it is not. I think that it has something to do with the KEYDOWN and KEYUP statements that check for the key state .

Using the event loop, I also noticed that my computer seems to be working a lot harder when I use the event loop, that is why I originally switched over to using the pygame.event.wait(). Is there a way to reduce the load on the CPU while using the event loop?