Just a quick heads-up, for those who don't know:

Some games do indeed heal you a little (or to full) when you level. Many don't. Pokemon is one such game that does not do so, and Aaron's mostly modelling the game after that franchise I think.
As far as the Manapedia goes? Actually it makes sense that you get more complete info once you actually catch the thing. If you want its type, attack it and find out what's effective/not very effective/super-effective, and work from there. This is how you find out that Awlaw is air-sound, for instance, and Granate is earth-stone. It's a little bewildering at the start especially, but for me at least, that's half the fun of it.
I was actually ready to come on here and take the same issue, at least right at the start, until I realized that frankly, playing pokemon in the past, I've been spoiled. I either 1. had a sighted person to help a little, 2. could use the internet to find out cries/moves /type effectiveness, or 3. had seen the anime. There was all kinds of reference. But in this game, there is no such reference. Some things - such as that water is good against flame - are self-explanatory. But I don't think I've even seen a shadow type yet, even though I've seen equipment that only a shadow manamon can use. There is a handy text file which explains type effectiveness though, which is good.

On that note thought, it would be nice if the manual covered status conditions and what they did. Does scorch cut your attack? I know paralysis doesn't cut your speed, and if scorch doesn't cut attack then it's really just another damage-over-time counter. Can you stack status conditions? What the hell is berserk? Stuff like that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : prajwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : agasoft via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector