Re: Buying Eloquence

Merriam-Webster wrote:

Simple Definition of steal
1: to take (something that does not belong to you) in a way that is wrong or illegal
2: to take (something that you are not supposed to have) without asking for permission
3: to wrongly take and use (another person's idea, words, etc.)

Notice that in the first 2 definitions, no real distinction between physical and non physical property is made, and the 3rd definition specifically lists non physical property.

So using software without the permission of the owner is stealing, like it or not!

You can try to justify your stealing with whatever imaginary beleifs you can dream up. But, just the fact that you have to dream up those explanations proves that you know you are stealing.

I'm not perfect, about 15 years ago I was really bad about pirating software, just about every piece of software I had wasn& #039;t paid for. But in 2002, I got smart, and over the next 2 years, bought licenses for every piece of software I wanted to keep and removed all traces of those programs I wasn't going to pay for. Since then I've made it a point to make sure that every piece of software I use is properly licensed.