Re: Buying Eloquence

joshknnd1982 wrote:

also figment i cannot afford jaws, so i bought a really really cheap jaws key for maybe $5 or so from some foreign folks. and guess what? it gives me unlimited use on unlimited number of machines and I get 9 or 10 smas as opposed to the 2 or 3 freedom gives you when you pay their rediculous price of over $1000.

Congratulations! You are a thief and a criminal! Not being able to afford it isn't a valid reason to steal it. Instead of stealing JAWS, use NVDA.

I agree that it's unfortunate that Nuance doesn't actively maintain Eloquence, but that they don't doesn't give you or anybody else the right to steal their software.

Have you ever considered that the reason Eloquence seems to have bugs is because your copy of it is stolen? JAWS uses it and it works without any problems for me. The Code Factory version works equally as well too.

You might have bett er performance and fewer issues if you used legitimate copies instead of hacked and stolen ones. That's one disadvantage of pirated software, you don't really know what you are getting. Pirated software is the number one way viruses and other malware is distributed. Personally, I think, you are getting what you deserve, if you use it!

@Arqmeister

No, nobody has posted links but in that thread about Pure Basic I saw a while back, one member offered to give another member a copy of a pirated version of Pure Basic, and Dark ignored it. Plus there have been a number of people who have admitted that they use pirated software. Considering that there are software developers here, I'm surprised. The other software development forums I frequent don't tolerate any hints of using pirated software. You can discuss software piracy all you want, but as soon as you show any hint or indication that you participate in it, you are permanently banned.

I myself wou ldn't even bother with audiogames.net except with as lax as they are about software piracy, I don't consider it a serious software development discussion group. This place is more like the Steam User's Forums, except they don't tolerate any mention of using pirated software.

I have said my two cents worth. Post anything you like, I won't see it because I will ignore this thread from now on.