Re: Rhythm Rage has been released! Yes indeed!

***Appologies for the incoming rant/wall of text***

@oriolgomez92 and @simba, as well as anyone else advocating for not making the game easier.

Whilst I understand your logic, to a point and a very tenuous point at that, I have pieces of advice and feedback that might help you.

1. Not everyone can press a key down to the millisecond, as this game would like you to believe.  I can't, that's for sure.  I know I'm precise, but I believe that the challenge is too great even at level 2.  To be honest, even level 1 of the official game as it were, not counting the tutorials, throws a large number of mechanics at you at once.

2. I'm all for a challenge, but the boundaries on unlocking the next level, especially on level 3 (which due to its difficulty should be moved way down the list imho), are far too stringent to allow full enjoyment of the game.  I imagine it currently as a brick wall. Or rather a series of brick walls, a ll linked up by a series of doors.  You punch your way through one to open the door.  What do you find behind that door? Another solid, thicker brick wall that will take you twice as long if not longer to get through.

The solution to this? Scale your level designs back.  Particularly for levels like 3. I can't even speak for any of the others yet as I haven't managed to unlock them yet.

This is my personal opinion, but I believe that you'll drive people away by creating too much of a challenge.  Provide people a window of 20 or so milliseconds. Not 0.  Reason behind this? You give people a chance.  Captain Dynamite had this. That game wasn't easy.  It was a good challenge.  Your game currently is like the equivalent of Dark Souls without a true back to main menu option where I feel I don't learn anything on passing through levels either.

Beatstar was a difficult game, yes.  But you only had to bu y the soundpacks you wanted and not play everything, but you have to play through the same level over and over again just to get credits the way I'm currently working now.  At least with beatstar there were diversions and well programmed ones at that.  I really want to like this game, but I feel with the current learning curve, in addition to the parser's level of difficulty in mastery, thus resulting in a very hard time for ambitious creators, this game is more than likely to die a quick death as it currently stands imho.

***rant over***
Well done on making such a complex game though, it has so much potential, it really does.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LadyJuliette via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ClarinetLover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moore2it via Audiogames-reflector