Re: Question for those who live in the US

In fairness Cae, one thing I will say is I wonder if the Us definition of "low crime rate" is similar to other places.
My lady's sister rarely locks her house or car and leaves her bag containing her money on the car seat when going into shops, indeed on one occasion she left her bag on the car seat and the car windows open (i closed them and she was quite surprised at me).  It's not just her either, this seems to be a general thing around here.

Having grown up in Nottingham in the Uk which is pretty dire for crime and which there are definitely! highly dodgy bits of, I did find this level of none security a bit nuts, one reason why, while I did take heed of the warnings about New York and Crime when we vvisited, I also took some with a pinch of salt.