Re: Monthly chat August 2016

@Dino, I'd be interested to know about your costume too. I have a lot of friends who are larpers, but have always confined myself to tabletop rp with dice and a gm because I don't like the idea of playing a constantly blind character and not being able to participate in battles or run around fields or cast spells by throwing balls at each other, heck even those larp events which are more like historical reinactment with people doing their own smithing and armor making and camping and what not would be a bit of a pest for someone photonically challenged, or at least they probably would be for me with my less than practical bent to that type of thing big_smile.

@Aprone, we did get back okay, actualy the plane journey was as good as it could've been given we had the front seats with a massive amount of leg room and a free seat between us, so other than the child who persisted in kicking my seat, and the general craziness of newark airport (which was so amaizngly corwded and complex it's ridiculous!), it was okay, or at least as okay as could be expected.
I actually started playing champion of the gods from choiceofgames on the plane, then realized my iphone was totally lacking charge due to the fact that I was charging the pet chip scanner used to check my guide dogs chip which we bought after the airport found her chip unscannable at christmas, so I had to knock off fairly soon to leave enough charge in case I needed my phone in the Uk, ---- oh and the bloody scanner still! didn't work, though luckily the airport new my dog so that was okay.
Still, I'm sorry to have stopped in the middle of champion, which, other than some severely irritatingly stylised dialogue was looking rather fun in a traditional fantasy with a bit of an ancient griek flavour way, hopefully i'll be able to get back to it at some point in th e future though right now things are a bit crazy and I'm alternating sleeping, learning music and packing like a demon, as well as supporting my lady who has to do the same.

Now  unfortunately we've got equal amounts of running around, getting music together for aims music school and such. I've been cast as oberon the elf king and my lady is puck, which should be fun, or at least it will be now I know the bit I'm supposed to learn and sing big_smile.
We're also doing some bits from westside story including one hand one heart and officer crupkey, crupkey should be awesome since i've asked for the part of the guy who pretends to be a social worker and has the horribly bad falsetto, I'm quite looking forward to squeaking "he's no good!"  big_smile.

All that being said both my lady and I are rather frazled, and it doesn't help that my victor cable has bust and I've needed to send the hole thing back to humanware for repares, and since I've found it very useful at music school the last two years for portable note taker and also instant music playback device of what I need to sing (well everyone else has their written music to go from), i'm a bit sorry I'll be without it, not the least because I'll miss books, but hay.

Humanware have said they'll have it back by wednesday so hopefully I'll not be without for too long. It's amazing how useful certain bits of technology get to the point that being without them is a right royal pest!