Re: Monthly chat August 2016

Hey all.
This post got quite long, so if you love to read, grab your favorite snack and drink combo of choice, and sit back and enjoy the ride. smile
Well, I'm actually just writing what comes to mind. Everything here is very interesting on a readers end of things, especially Aprone's posts regarding his work with iorn and mettal. I always find molding to be interesting. I used to do similar stuff back when I was in highschool, under loads of supervision haha. It wasn't metttals though, it was a glass type material. But at the beginning, it was some type of clay or something like that, as when I first started, it was just a huge clay like block on a mettal sheet smile. The material, whatever it was, couldn't be hand molded. You needed the proper machines and tools. I m ade a nice sized bowl that, apparently could be placed into the microwave and used to eat food out of. You could also store and refridgerate food in it too. I haven't tested that yet and I don't wish to, as it took me alittle over half the school year to make, 8 years ago. I don't have it at this moment as it's still back at my old place, and we have yet to find it in one of many family art project boxes in the basement lol. I used to put my spare change in it, before I realized that all my change can be taken, despite me placing all of my change into my cool bowl. It then became a candy dish. Haha. Speaking of candy dishes, I also made a wooden m and m dispenser. This was supposed to be a novelty project, that actually worked and turned out to be rather useful. You filled it via one of those glass jamm jars that you screw the mettal tops onto, minus the mettal top. The ring part of the mettal top was glewed into the top of the wooden part of the dispenser, so yo u screwed the wooden half to the jar, then flipped it over so that the jar faces upwards. The actual mettal top was punched out, leaving just the ring piece. But once the jar is filled and the dispenser is properly assembled, simply turn the wheel and enjoy your m and m's, which were dispensed into the wooden base. I still use it to this day.
Other than that, I've been getting used to living in my own place. I moved into my apartment this passed July, and so far it's been pretty interesting. Now that I'm out from under my parent's wings and standing on my own 2 feet, I can finally start to create goals and things for my future without rodeblocks getting in my way, which were caused by living in the care of a family member as an adult. but that's all been eliminated, so now all future vistas have been opened for me. The only thing that can hinder and slow down my progress in getting a job, college, raising a family etcetera, are the indeviduals at t he vocational rehabillitational agencys. They haven't been as bad or as stubbern as they could be, so I currently can't complain haha.
As for computers and the likes,
At dark, your post about still running xp and finding issues with program compatabillity have enspired me to take invintory and put it here.
Let's see here. I have 2 dell laditude d820 laptops which run xp, both with all stock parts. same with my laditude d830, which has all stock parts, but actually runs Linux. The d830 used to run xp, but I converted it to Linux in 2012, as I had no use for 3 machines running xp. not to mention, somehow that machine had gotten some keylogger that just would not budge. I could throw every single scanner, free or payed at this keylogger, and it just stuck. It effected everything, from the wireless card switch, to the trackpad section to the keyboard. It was bad. But it works super smooth running linux now though haha.
But apart from the 3 laditudes, I have another dell, the xpsl702x, which runs windows7 x64. I have 2 macs, 1 2014 macbook pro13 inch which is currently running OSX Yosemite, and a nice old 15 inch macbook which runs OSX Leopard. Aah, my first mac. I still love the 15 inch, and I still do use it at times.
I also have some other desktop machines, 1 is a dell demention 9100 running xp, and another is a rather old dell which, believe it or not, runs windows98. All of these machines, including the clasic units, work perfectly. And they all have the original stock parts.
But, we can't forget about this Lenovo Thinkstation which is the bred and butter of my studio, and the main central computer for my network. This thing runs windows7 x64, and has gigs and gigs of space, both ram and harddrive. Quad-core is written all over the processer, and all of this, along with the hd grafics card and the dedicated 2 gigs of video memmory, definitely puts 85 percent of my machines to shame. This unit is more than perfe ct for gaming, especially if you're an avid gamer like myself. I am actually thinking of adding way more ram to this Lenovo unit. I here of people placing as much as 32 gigs of ram into there machines. Whild stuff.
But the only other computers in this house that are almost identical to this Lenovo, are my win7 laptop, and my 2014 macbook pro. But then again, my mac can more than fly passed all of my windows units, as that runs a solid state harddrive.
well, that's pretty much it for now, I would go on about what I'm currently doing at this moment, apart from writing this novvel of a post, but that would just make this longer smile
Best Regards,
Rob