Amazon users may wish to be aware at times

This past week I have ordered something off of amazon. It was from a third party seller if I am remembering right. I guess I could go check my records if I want to make sure. Anyway, an email came in from the seller in the last day or so after the product ship telling me to make sure I got what I order seeing that amazon sometimes repackages stuff and sells it as new. Anyway, I looked it up on line and thought that others may wish to be aware of this being a possible problem. Yes I got the product, and it does appear to be in good working order, but I thought I would bring this to everyone’s notice. They may be nothing but still... The following links are some of the things I found. Any comments? Am I barking up the wrong tree. I can see how this could go so wrong for the buyer and the seller. On the other hand, I can see how this may be hiped up a bit.
AZ will now repackage, resell some opened FBA customer returns as "New" - Amazon Seller Forums
Amazon FBA Tip – Turn OFF Amazon reselling returned items | Miles per Day
Why I’m Done Selling Through Amazon FBA | Stonemaier Games
Used Sold as New Complaints - Amazon Sellers' Lawyer