Re: Playing games like Palace Punch-up and Top Speed over the internet

Hi Chris,
In order to play Top Speed, DragonPong, and all the other games where you actually need to forward some ports, you should get yourself "Hamachi". It's a tool to connect multiple computers to a network, so you don't need to forward any ports. Make sure windows firewall is turned off, and this solution should work greatfully! big_smile
I wasn't able to play DragonPong without Hamachi. I finally got it and created a network and let people join it. I couldn't play it anyway, cuz my firewall was still running in the background, which is, of course, not bad at all, but the firewall usually blocks things like Hamachi so not all the features available to you won't work properly.
However, make sure you turn it back on. My firewall was been inactive for a while, and tuns of nasty viruses were lying around on my computer, which caused se veral, interesting things. However, it was annoying if my task mannager, as well as the reg editor has been blocked and my computer suddenly restarted. You however need some programming experiences in batch-files. I got a message that my computer's gonna shut down in five minutes and I just typed in shutdown -a and easily deleted them all!

Okay, that was a little bit off-topic, but it's good to know some of these details in general. smile

  • Re: [Audiogame... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: paddy
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: SLJ
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: paddy
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Chris
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: bryant
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: casta947
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Chris
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: paddy
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Chris
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: scotf2012
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Chris