Re: Another quentinC's gameroom unfair ban, this time its me again

Hello all,

I thought I already explained why religion is forbidden on the playroom, but let's do it again.

Yes, we can discuss religion constructively, as responsible adults. Fortunately we can. I'm myself catholic, it's interesting to see what are the difference with reformees; it's also interesting to understand a little how muslim, judish and boudism works and compare with our own beliefs; that's culture, that's theology, normally considered as being a human science.

However, it's unfortunately often not at all the case. Most of the time, Higly religious people come and say that if you don't believe the same, you will go to hell, without real explanations (that they can't give anyway because it's only their beliefs, nobody can bring any proof or counter-proof, religion isn't mathematics).
When a discussion about religion starts, most of the time, each person is defending his/her own and say that all o ther are wrong. It comes quickly to insults and at the end, nobody changed their mind. Conclusion, this kind of discussion is completely useless and only bring agressivity.
The keywords should be tolerance and respect, and being able to say I disagree, or I don't believe, rather than you are wrong; and from that point on everybody can benefit from other's cultures. But too often it's simply forgotten.

Second argument: remind that, on the playroom, there are people from all over the world, from a extremely rich set of different cultures, and almost from the entire 8 to 88 age range and especially people under 18/21.
This isn't a directed criticism and I'm myself probably not better than average, but Very few people on the playroom have a sufficient distance to be able to discuss religion objectively, without getting into convaincing other parties, and without block deny other's beliefs.
It's especially easy to influence people under 18/21 and even people in general; given the current general atmosphere about such topics, the simplest is sadly to forbid it, and to repress it, even if from time to time it might have brought very interesting debates.

WE want the playroom to stay a place to play games and make friends; of course both; but we don't want the playroom to become a place to spread your religion, political partie, or discuss about any other explosive topic of that kind; with so many different people that mostly aren't really ready to hear these debates, accept other's mind without judging, and being able to make the difference betwen objectivity and possible manipulation, it's too dangerous.

From this topic, I will still keep the suggestion of preventing people from all social aspects (chat, forum post, streams, etc.) instead of banning them from the server altogether, I find this idea quite interesting. I can't say now if I will apply it or not, I'm not alone in the administration.

Now, about the question why today and not two years ago, well, because you have been caught today. Too bad! As you know, nobody should ignore the law; you knew that what you did was forbidden, so you should have known that you could be caught at any time.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector