torrent clients not downloading/working.

Hello all
So I got a new laptop, it came with windows8,while I knew I could have used it,I decided to downgrade to windows7 as I am a bit more comfortable with 7.
Eitherway,After a lot of hassel I managed to install win7 on it.
Now the thing is No torrent clients work on it. keep in mind its a newly formated pc,with nothing added to it or settings changed. when I put any torrent on download,it just keeps on going at the speed of 0kbps.
I have added the torrent clients to the list of allowed programs and all their components in the firewall. So far,I have tryed bitcomet and Utorrent.
Both do the same thing.
I would give more details however,with NVDA its a bit difficult,as I have no idea on how to access its more advance options...
Any help on this would be quite awesome.
Thanks,