Re: BrogueSpeak, an accessible roguelike

So I've played this a bit more and have some suggestions.
Is it possible to add some feature that announces when openings around you change? Like if you were following a wall north of you, when the wall was no longer there it would list the things around you such as "tunic 5 north, wooden wall 3 east", etc. Also keys to scan in the 8 directions would be cool.
Speech rate currently doesn't save.
Is there a chance a volume setting for ESpeak could be added?
Speech for browsing the main menu and for loading saved games I think is a required addition (for anyone unaware, the o key is open save, shift s saves.)
I think there really needs to be a hotkey list also.
Is there a way to read all of the display information such as gold/str/etc?

I'm also wondering how closely the speech branch is tied into the rest of the game. I don't see a branch for it on the main github project page.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zub0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector