Re: Buying Eloquence

I think the timing issue is just something that might have to be lived with. When I played Entombed, there was a comment that using a SAPI voice was preferred because the game had no way to know when a screen reader was finished speaking.

For JAWS:
In the Eloquence folder, eci.dll
in the FSAPI folder, fsapi.dll

I would guess that the Eloquence dll documentation isn't available to end users, but I'd be willing to bet that the FSAPI dll documentation is. I'll have to take a look on Freedom Scientific's web site.

I know very little about NVDA and even less about Python, so it would probably be best if someone more familiar with those does the work an a SAPI to NVDA bridge.

Since I used to develop and maintain a DRM system, I believe I have the skill, if not the knowledge of SAPI, but that can always be learned. With no other legal options to get a DRM free Eloquence for SAPI available, I'd be willing to look at what it might take to create a SAPI to JAWS bridge.

Suggestion: If we want to pursue this idea of a SAPI bridge to our screen readers, we should consider starting an appropriately titled thread.