Re: Buying Eloquence

Well, how do you like that? I sent an email to Code Factory asking for assistance with lagging problems with programs that use their Eloquence for Windows, and so far, no response.

So, not only is Nuance not supporting Eloquence by not maintaining it, Code Factory is following Nuance's example by not providing support for the product.

On the flip side, I've found a way to never run out of activations for the Eloquence for Windows. The neat thing is that it doesn't involve hacking, cracking, or anything else that might be considered illegal because it uses what Code Factory provided.

Here's how you do it.
- Make a backup of your system using a backup program that creates an image of your hard drive. I used the Backup and Restore built into Windows and it worked just fine.
- Run Eloquence and deactivate it, this moves the license from your computer to their activation server effectively increasing your remaining activations by 1.
- Restore your system using the image you just made, for this I used one of the  talking Windows 7 PE CDs.

Now you have an activated Eloquence and one more allowed activation. This can be repeated, but I'd guess that the server will only go up to 3 allowed activations.

Enjoy! And stick it to Code Factory!