Re: `Cosmic Rage, an all new, all awesome Space MOO from Nathan Tech!

Database loss, according to the announcements, which is actually a nice place to start off this post.  This game is already complex enough as it is and hardly feels newby friendly, so I doubt I'll be sticking to it much, particularly since I created my character for the first time on Wednesday night, only to have to recreate it today.
1.  The creation process, while well explained is flawed in that, if anyone messes up, going back to a room to fix the issue is impossible.
2.  The reset system is entirely unforgiving.  Supposing factor one is true and you mess up your character, you are allowed a chance to reset it every month.
3.  Creation of this caliber without options to choose from and a chance to view the final description seems absurd unless you come into the game with detailed knowledge of how much description you, the player, must provide for yourself.
4.  Fatfobia is something I find distasteful; that a game would mak e outright rude remarks about someone being too fat to walk through walls hardly seems professional.  I mean, seriously, who isn't too fat to walk through walls?
5.  For the life of me, I still can't even find a landing pad, so getting started with anything, given that I don't know where to grab these so-called merchant ships to take to different planets seems ridiculously complex.  I've tried mpa landing, map pad, map docking, map dock, and have come up with a list of zero possibilities that make sense.
6.  Your hosts and players are either too busy to help or too busy to care.  We asked for advice on solving an issue concerning wearing clothing owing to the fact that we received a message suggesting that it would be uncomfortable to wear any item of clothing we tried.
7.  Not everyone is social.  I saw an instance where someone was told over newby communication that there best bet to get something done, whatever the something is actually escapes me at present, was to confer with other players.  Some of us are a little more interested in Mechanics.
8.  Am I stupid?  Fine!  I'm stupid!  But how do I obtain a driver's license?  I can apparently purchase a transport vehicle to get to various places and such given my level only needs to be 1 unless I misread something, but I can't purchase it because I don't have a license to drive, apparently.
9.  Hunting or hand mining?  There is, as far as I know, nothing suggesting one way or the other that I should choose one over the other, assuming I ever find a ship that'll kindly lift me off my planet.
10.  Improvements are good, adding is wonderful, new features are great, but I've seen far too often, games that choke on excess material.  People get burned out on how overwhelming the mountain of features that require a ton of bug squashing, thus bugs never g et squashed and the game ends up a ghost town.  If there is a good game hidden beneath the surface I am still trying to penetrate, I sincerely hope it stays that way.
To conclude, I'm more frustrated with this one than I probably should be, but I'm being as honest as possible in the hopes that some of this might, bring in a greater crowd.  if my concerns are seen as trivialities I won't take it personally, but I must admit that this was one I've had my eye on for awhile and only now decided to try because I'm always skeptical about space oriented moos anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : MikeFont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nightshade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lav andric via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luke 2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luke 2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luke 2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : almeida_br via Audiogames-reflector