Re: something I've been noticing: a problem

okay. an update.
I tried installing the games on an XP VM, and when I opened Star Trek Final Conflict(installing Microsoft .net Framework prior to doing so as it was required) and I received the following peculiar error without the quotes. "If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost." with a close button presented. What can I do from here, as I cannot contact the developers of any of the three games I am having problems with because of the passing of the developer, the lack of support for the title, or the mysterious vanishment from the audiogames community. Thanks for any further help on this issue.