Re: could dmnb be resurrected?

OK, yes. This post does mean i'm back in game development, i'm still maintaining my distance from the community. However, I need to make clear 2 things. First off, I did not just simpply up and end fortune's frontier with out telling anyone and with out asking. When I ended fortune's frontier, I kept the sources in deleted archives, posted a note to my beta testing team, asking them weather they, as beta testers, wanted me to find  someone else to takeover the project. I was willing to stick it out long enough to find someone else so that the testers could continue testing and the project could continue, with out my intervention, but the general response from the testing team was that i'd not be able to find anyone to replace me in developing the game, and that from hents forth the hole project had been a waist of time. Now, why did I not then go on here and ask for possible people to takeover the project? Because I don't believe just anyone shou ld do it. If I leave a project I want to leave it in good hands if I can, because I cair enough to make sure you guys get what I said the game had. Isn't that what you would want? Pluss, from the response of my testing team, I gathered they wern't intrested in continuing with the testing of the game if I was not involved. Which brings me to the second problem of why I let it go in the firstplace. I won't go into the personal problems seeing as I whent into them in the project alpha topic, and you all have already pointed fingers at me calling me another mtg or the second mason. So to save you the trouble, I will just state this, loud and clear, and hope that stops coming up. Lets explain this using an analagy. Picture dmnb as a drug, right? Now picture it going down from over indulgance, as a drug overdose. If I had not stopt, put the coding keys down and thrown away ff, and got though's personal problems out of the way? Answer me this. What do you think would ha ve happened again to ff, just as it did to dmnb. If your answer was another drug overdose/it would have gone down, you are 100 percent correct. Now, yes. I will be returning to game development, and I am already looking at a new project, i'm not giving any details however. Its not coming now, and it possibly won't be for a while since I still have some problems to overcome in my personal life. With that in mined, I have no problem if someone decides to make their own version of dmnb the way it used to be. As a matter of fact i'd be intrested in acquiring the sounds for both dmnb v1 and v2 again as I no longer have them thanks to a hard drive crash. With this in mined, I also have 1 thing to ask. I do require personal space in order to get my development work. As I said in the project alpha topic, if you have a problem with what i'm doing, come out and state it, but please, don't make a big ishue out of it. I'll get to it when I can. The same thing apply s towards good compliments. I don't mined the every now and again good work or nice work posts, but please. Don't over do it. 1 post does the trick, and if I say enough, please, let it be enough, don't keep on pestering me about it. Now that i've got that out of the way, I will say this. While I know my previous work has been free, it is high time I start charging for my new work if it gets released.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nibar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rory via Audiogames-reflector