Re: PCS DOS games now on Audio Games Archive

@Jack, I'm afraid I still don't know what you mean.
so dosbox will not talk without an external speech synth, but there is talking dosbox? and what the hell is snp or whatever it's called?

I confess I'm getting a little impatient here.
I am trying to understand what people need to install and how to run Phil's games, ---- and indeed other dos games on post xp windows because I need to construct pages in the database that help people play these games and most people will not have xp (heck I won't have xp for much longer).
I know that dosbox emulates a dos machine and can run dos games on newer windows, and talking dosbox is supposed to talk by using some sort of dos screen reader emulation.

I gather that an external synth is needed, but does this mean that talking dosbox is actually no use at all? in which case why make the thing in the first place, or does it mean you can emulate this external synth thing with talking d osbox, in which case, why bring up the matter and not just say "run talking dosbox"

Or will talking dosbox only work with some games? in which case, which games and how to run them and which games will it not do.

This is why we really! need a guide since until there are some clear instructions I really can't go adding games to the database, especially when i don't understand this myself.

i would much appreciate it if someone could please give me a streight answer without all this "you need a googy mcboogy computery wootery running f d sl p4x" type of randomness, if indeed things are as symple as Simba indicated previously, and if so, perhaps a simple guide and instructions rather than all this talk of external synths?
indeed I was quite disappointed talking dosbox didn't have a readme or any instructions on how to run games, it just ran and sat there and I couldn't do anythinganything other than get it to say "b ad command"