Re: NVDA remote unsecurity prooven, recording of dev included

Edit: This was in responce to a now deleted post about how the code error was NVDA's and how remote is not to blame. This post has been deleted, but I will still keep my reply.
Hi. I can see what you are saying to a certain extent. I think that we both have slightly different views on things. While NVDA is part of it, the keyhook I got locked into was indeed NVDA remote. This provented me from restarting my NVDA, shutting down safely, etc etc. And the way I look at it, He used remote to expand an NVDA issue. He didn't get crashed, everyone else did because he recoded / added to remote. And lets look at this from a different point of view. If I make some security software and someone uses it on there computer. The software has the ability to run system commands encase of maybe a hack or something. Well, in windows, if you kill csrss.exe, the system instantly bluescreens. So if I decide to be a dick and type that command and bluescreen the computer, is it windows fau lt? No, it's my fault and the software's fault, even though it is a windows issue. When I connected to that key, I clicked an option that says control another machine. This expressly implies that my computer is not to be controled or tampered with, that I am controling another machine. But a bunch of clients were crashed. Yes, it can be considered more of an NVDA thing, but it's still remote that caused it, thus in my opinion, is what to blame. Also, lets look at it from a clients point of view. Especially if I don't know much about computers and this happens, I ain't gonna give 2 shits who made the coding error because that's not what madders. The dev of the remote software I was using crashed me with it. Lets take the unix processer. You set the time to unix_timestamp-1 second, good buy to your system, at least in a way. So what if apple decided to be a dick and somehow remotely set some random iPhones to timestamp-1. Would you blame the unix processe r? Or apple.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector