Re: NVDA remote unsecurity prooven, recording of dev included

My bad. I'll repost what I wrote. I felt I rambled too much and was going to re-write it; but since you responded to it I'll put the original back.

I've been watching the Twitter conversation as it unfolded. You really must not like NVDA Remote, because this has nothing to do with it. It is an NVDA bug that Tyler took advantage of, and reported to the NVDA developers back in 2014. And yet, once again, you clame that NVDA Remote isn't secure, but this has nothing at all to do with security. What Tyler did was a dick move, but you're spreading false information. Not only that, but I see Toth showing nothing but professionalism to you, and he's already trying to figure out how to go about resolving the bug in NVDA that Tyler took advantage of. Yet, you still want him to do something more. You're not happy with him attempting to fix the bug that you're crying about, so what more would you have him do? I understand you've lost da ta, and that's unfortunate, but to put it bluntly, shit happens and there's nothing that can be done about it now. In the future, it may be wise to use NVDA Remote as it was intended, and not screw around on Twitter making the keys you're using to connect with public.

Keep in mind I'm not defending Tyler at all. I'm just saying that I think you're trying to attract attention to an issue that isn't as much of a problem as you think it is.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector