Re: NVDA remote unsecurity prooven, recording of dev included

A few things here.
I agree what Tyler did was a dick move, however...
Here's a metaphorical situation. Ready?
Let me give you a key to my house. You can walk on in, grab my laptop and a few externals before I could blink and knock me flying before running out.
Essentially (or maybe not essentially, since Mason just said you didn't lose data) this is what happened. You quite literally brought this on yourselves. As amusing as the recording is (yes, I'm sorry, it was amusing), relax. I've actually seen this bug in NVDA (having nothing to do with remote whatsoever, I've crashed local machines).
Here's hoping it will be fixed. One thing I'd also love to see is an NVDA remote server made publicly available (already compiled and ready for use). One of the nicest things is that you can step away from the nvdaremote.com if you truly wanted to if you know how to compile the source for the server. I myself haven't had any prob lems with it, though, and it's sad that the developer of this thing got himself involved in this. Not going to make a few people trust him or want to work with him though at the same time, it should teach some folks a lesson about how not to be a complete and utter idiot, and I'm sure he can be forgiven just a little. I certainly haven't had a problem with him with what little interaction I've had and all of this seems so completely overblown and attention grabbing.
Wolf out for now. Please relax bros.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stargate via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector