Re: sonnar news update october 2016

You are exactly right aron.
Our stuff is good quality, and it won't be release after release.
We are just getting started.
My main concern is that unless we start generating a semi continuous traffic chunk like a lot of the games on here, bar those that don't and are left that we may dissapear alltogether.
On the other hand this is probably startup jitters.
We are slow and steady and I guess that is the main thing.
Maybe I am grumbling over nothing and we will improve.
I know management wants us to have a semi regular stream.
Ie, that management and dev teams need to appear online in full audio with their voices, we havn't had interviews, etc.
Fact is its going to be hard to get the traction we need if we have nothing to show for it.
And While I agree with you in principal, a new game taking a year to do is fine, but to wait a year and say we have worked a lot behind the sceens but all we have to show for it is a sor um or a small bug fix patch to 1 project while in the beginning stages is ok may not be so later.
I am dealing with one such dev who I will not name, who appears to have stopped, with small progressions to the story he is working on but going not that far to the point where it is no longer relivant to produce and to far behind.
On the other hand this is the first stable startup I have ever done which has been stable.
Rarely do we have someone that is able to start that high powered.
The testing wrig I use is quite up there, an ipad mini, some really powerfull expensive over 500 dollar headsets, a mostly constant team, and such the fact we started that good compaired to others is a big advantage.
My hope is that we progress from a large chunk a year to medium chunks every 6 months or a regular update schedual with news every 2-3 months or so at best case.
Maybe to fast but maybe twice a year could be a bit better, we are developing for the blind and sigh ted here on multiplatform environments, right now that is ios, pc, android and mac I assume mac and I assume linux to.
Thats a lot going on, and yes there is a lot going on under the hood the user does not see.
One thing I really do like about sonnar is that they still like the physical meeting for anything important.
The fact I can tell the boss this is well bad, crap or sucky and how I could make it better rather than the sometimes mangled misscomunication over the net, also it does mean security wise since its straight without the net that it does mean effective communication.
The fact we are local to new zealand but some of the team including the boss don't mind traveling round which does mean, that suggestions from fans if important could mean the dev could meet with them is a bit out of the old book of business.
With digital we have lost that thing.
So much is lost in text, everything from who we think the person is to personality is lost in text its only with audio or physical contact that we can appreciate how things are.
Put for example this post.
I am engaged with talking to you.
But am I talking to you, you are a username, a number, a thing and I am listening to the traffic outside and not fully engaged at all.
Text may be nice but you don't need your mind to fully engage so yes I agree things could be much worse.
I do know that its hoped that our forum will garner a lot of chatter, things are in place so when we do start running with the bulls we will be ready to run.
Lets hope we do.