Re: Xbox One, a few questions.

edit: [[wow]] sightless you posted nearly the same time as me when I was done. Anyhow, below is my original post but Sightless has clarified some great things too.
I'll answer a few questions if I can, this might be a sort of longish post especially the achievement bit.
OK so first off Narrator is more like dashboard Narrator for now, and this is what it can do in the current consumer build:
-for now you have to set your region to the US and you need sighted help. This will hopefully be changing in the future though based on some exciting news I heard.
-read your home screen.
-read the guide screen.
-let you view messages.
-read notifications when they appear (note: messages don't autoread but it will say you have a new message)
-achievements: if you get one in a game, it will say, notification, achievement unlocked, the number of gamerscore, and the name). For hunting achievements and knowing what you want to work toward next, the easiest way is to go into a game, open guide with double tap of xbox button, go to achievements tab and choose locked or unlocked for a list in the current game.
-works with social app: when you click on a profile you can see what a friend has done, add them and such.
-lets you invite people to games -- if you know where the invite option is in a game, it will put you into your friends list and you then choose a friend, go up with the d-pad to the invite button and click it.
-lets you start, join, invite, and interact with parties (basically voice chat with a group)
lets you change console settings.
-does not read status of downloading items (percentage and such), but that is definitely being considered for a future update.
-does not read in-game menus. Not sure what will be happening on this front.
-I can't help you with tv guide.
-narrator itself sometimes crashes, but holding down xbox button for a few seconds, then pressing the start /menu button will exit narrator, then do the same thing again to restart it, hold down xbox button for a few seconds, press start/menu button, narrator starts again.