Re: make unity 3d accessible

That is awesome!
I would love to try this!
I would have the option to read or not as some people may just want the debug log to be in the folder.
I am worried though that if the debug message is spoken by the screen reader, the user isn't going to be able to pick up the exact location on first listen. Perhaps if it said the problem first, then the line number, it would be easier. But I often times arrow through the debug logs so I can get the details. I need to try it first though.
Eventually there should be a library that one can use that will speak using a screen reader on any OS, but this is totally a start!
It will be a lot faster developing knowing when there are errors rather than waiting for the script to start.
I sent you the collaborator invite, so you can push all these awesome updates!

I think what I should do next is actually make a simple game in Unity and test all these things.
What I was thinking is a simple Go Fis h game that uses recorded speech rather than a screen reader so it can be eventually tested on every platform. I would also like everything to easily have graphics added in as I believe that will be the eventual use of Unity for blind developers. (Have the blind person write most of the game logic and sound and a sighted person add in any animation and graphics)
The first questions I have are:
1. For the cards and deck, should I be using instances of GameObject for everything? Can I make a class Card that inherits from GameObject and then make 52 Card objects?
2. are Components just object attributes for game objects? If I have a value attribute in my Card class, should it be a Component object? When does one use a Component vs just making attributes and methods in the object's class?
3. What exactly are children in Unity? I think of parents and children when I think of classes (like the Card class being a child of the GameObject class), but I don't thi nk that is what Unity is calling children. Are components made children or is a whole object made a child?
4. How event based is Unity? Should I be only triggering events through a tree and adding and removing items from that tree based on different events? (this is kind of what children look like...)

Do you happen to know of any introduction to Unity that only uses code, not the inspector and GUI?
If not, that is what I eventually would like to create.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mikrima via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mikrima via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mikrima via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mikrima via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector