CompTIA A+

Hi all,

Over the last year or so, I've been trying to find something I might be able to do. I graduated high school in June and spent the next 4 months trying to get into an Apple Store job position. When I finally got an interview in October, I quickly realized it wasn't for me. Now, I'm looking into some other options. I came across the CompTIA A+ certification. I'd like to work in some kind of IT or technical support role, so thought this might help get me started. Does anyone have any information on this? HOw should I proceed? Would it be better for me to go to an actual school or center where I could get hands on instructions from a human? How blind friendly is the whole process? I'd much rather take a $200 or so test than waste 2 or 4 years at a College or other bullshit.