getting started with reaper, what do I need?

Hello and good morning to everyone.
I wanted to do this for quite a while now, but  never found the time do dive into it, but  now I want to try my hands at it.
I want to get started with learning the funktions of reaper and everything it has to offer, but I need a little bit of starting help from those who already know the program.
Firstly, I guesss I don't know every feature reaper has to offer, I heard some audio editing demos, but I also heard from someone that I am able to compose my own music with the program, is that true?
Also, what do I need to get started with the program? With that I mean exstra resources to make the tool accessible, I am using the latest build of NVDA on a windows 10 64 bit machine.
Already thanks in advance.
Greetings Moritz.