Re: getting started with reaper, what do I need?

You can get Osara from here. That's what you need from an accessibility standpoint, at least on windows, I don't know if it is accessible on mac or not. Just download the installer. That is really what you need to use the program, now whatever VST's you load in, well you could have good or not so good luck with them accessibility wise. People say to install the 32 bit version even on a 64 bit system because then there is no bridging to be done and that fumbles accessibility with your plugins, but I just use the shift P shortcut to open parameters on the selected track and edit it that way. You can also check out the RWP Mailing list and subscribe to it if you wish.