Re: Beginning my yourney with Linux

The last time I tried installing Ubuntu for someone else, when I tried to launch Orca in the installer, it would come up talking, then almost immediately exit again. After we managed to get it installed, Orca runs, but it seems like Orca will randomly exit when focus changes to a menu or a new window. Very frustrating.
I am currently using Arch Linux as my distro, with Xfce as the desktop environment, and dispite a few minor issues and annoyances, things are working well for me. I also had a small amount of lag when navigating with Orca, though that was completely fixed when I switched from Espeak to Espeak-NG.