Re: Beginning my yourney with Linux

Unfortunately, Espeak-ng isn't currently available from the main repos, so you'll have to get the pkgbuilds from AUR and build it yourself.
I don't know if you know about the Arch User repository (AUR) at this point, so I'll tell you what you need to do.
The first thing you'll wont is an AUR helper. The easiest one I know of is called "Pacaur", so that's the one I'll use in the examples here.
Go to the following page:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pacaur/
Choose "Download snapshot" and save the file.
Then in a console or in a terminal window, change to the directory where the file was saved, and extract the file with "tar -xvf pacaur.tar.gz"
The extraction should've created another directory called "pacaur", so "cd" to it.
Then' type the following command:
makepkg -i
This will make the package file, and then install it with Pacman.
Once that's done, things get easier, as Pacaur will automate the rest of the installation for you.
To make sure that Espeak-NG will work like the old Espeak at higher speeds, we need to install the "libsonic-git" package, so type:
pacaur -S libsonic-git
Follow the prompts, and once that's done, Type the following two lines, following the prompts as before:
pacaur -S pcaudiolib-git
pacaur -S espeak-ng-git

Once those are installed, you're pretty much done. ALl you need to do is either kill and restart speech-dispatcher and espeakup, or restart your machine at this point. HTH.