Re: eurofly a flight audio simulator from slovakia

The thing with Eurofly is it just seems so basic as of right now, there's great ideas there, but that's all they are, ideas. It's not fleshed out at all. It feels honestly like an alpha project got put out there and people liked it, if anything it feels, at least to me, like a tech demo.

Comparing it to FSX would just be horribly wrong, so I'm gonna compare it to MSFS 5.0 or 6.0 which were about the same level of physics, in those sims you had similar aircraft, you had a similar area in scale and similar controls (arrow keys and so forth), yet MSFS 5.0 and even 6.0 that came later, nailed the basics of flight, the plane in those sims lost speed while climbing, you had an engine RPM gauge you had to monitor, you had a fuel level, you had to pull the throttles back while landing for instance, you had to know the basics of flying a plane.

In this? Nah, you're straight into task 1, there's zero tutorial or help or anything as it is right now ( see the 'how do I take off' questions in both topics), it sorely needs help, or at the very least a competent English speaker to go through and translate all the documentation into English and go over the tasks and rewrite them and get the tidied up versions in the sim, they sound like they are taken straight from Google Translate.

Don't get me wrong. Eurofly is a good starting point...but....I just hope the devs work on it and make it the flight sim we all want, from the people who just want to go exploring in a Cessena (I'll admit, Eurofly is good for that honestly....just go off and explore) to the uber super serious hardcore flyer who wants to pull every switch and turn every dial in a 777 with a co pilot in the other seat. IF they can nail that....I for one would take back my criticism. That being said....I'm not hopeful, not because it's a small indie project, but simply because it's merely a few guys and a starting point, I'm just worried they'll get swarmed with ideas and swamped with ideas and get burned out on the project.

As an aside, just as a kicking an idea around, what if we all contributed to a Kickstarter that got....for argument's sake....a million bucks for making our ideal flight sim. Would it even get off the ground. Pun fully intended, I'm just kicking ideas around. I love the PMDG planes for their engineering and complexity, but.....I simply want Eurofly to become what we all want, or for a new dev to take up the challenge of a truly awesome accessible flight sim, and one that covers the whole spectrum from casual Cessna exploratory flyer, to uber hardcore 250,000 flight hours 777 captain doing real time 8 hour transatlantic flights sitting in a chair talking on Skype with virtual ATC.
If something like that gets made.....imagine the possibilities.

Sadly there's so many odd choices within Eurofly that we just gotta  hope the devs implement the ideas h ere....again, I'm not holding out hope though.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bcs993 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shrike via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector