Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

You pretty much said it. Our company logo features two eyes, one open, the other closed. It's symbolic of what we want to be about as a company - not just accessible gaming, but inclusive gaming. I mean, we look at games like Pokemon, for example, and think, "If the developers had exerted just a tiny bit of effort to make the game accessible, it could be just as enjoyable for blind players as sighted players." But that's not going to happen if developers never see that you can actually make a game accessible for the blind while also making it visually playable. That's what we hope to do. Like the man said, it's about building a bridge - or at least, starting a conversation. "A Hero's Call" is *not* an audio game. It is an accessible RPG. There's a difference, and we hope that it will change the way people on both sides of the accessibility gap think about game development.

That said, we know our limits, and when it comes time to deciding where to invest our budget, it's going to be a matter of determining what's the best overall fit, for all of our potential players.

Kai, regarding that longsword - you may want to make sure you're getting the special items pack ;-)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hannes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ZK via Audiogames-reflector