Re: music production software?

Those of you who have sampled any of my audio projects, I have created all the dimensionality and atmospheres with Sonar, Audacity, WavePad, and GoldWave, along with various sound effects from BBC's Sound Effects Libraries, Sony's Volume Packs, etc.

To answer your question, though, Sonar, Reaper, and ProTools are the main stream programs you will find most accessible.

I use Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition (simply a bundle of plugins and nifty effects and such) with JSonar, a project developed by a gentelman from Eukraine, allowing blind users to use Sonar with Jaws users.

The way NVDA works with Sonar is by using a module for NVDA, in which you must paste the .py file of the module into your appdata folder containing Sonar, or something along those lines.

Personally, I've had more success with JSonar, and you will find even more success with Cake Talking, a set of scripts by Dancing Dots.

To relieve latency, change the buffer size.  I k eep mine around 10 miliseconds.  If you go any lower than that, you'll get distortion and/or broken audio.

If you're looking for sound patches and such, look into Dimension Pro, Z3TA, True Piano, and anything relative to these.  They are what I use.

I'm no genius when it comes to the music world of technology, so also refer to the Midimag list.  You'll be able to talk to blind musicians that are well-experienced, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Best Regards,

Luke