Re: Let's Build an Audiogame Together in Python

Hi,

Firstly, thanks a lot for starting this. This'll help a lot. I have a few questions though:

1. Is there a particular reason I should use 2.7? lack of particular packages in 3.*? your familiarity with 2.7? LPTHW being for 2.7? something i'm missing?

2. Are you going to have a repository of the  game you're going to build? if so, Are you going to link blog posts with repository tags? I think that'd be cool.

3. In reference to your projects in particular, I see you're using a mercurial server. Are you doing this because centralization? easy contributing? something else? I think if accessible_output2 et al. were on pypi you could probably do a meta-package of sorts, pulling in lav, pyglet, AO2, etc. and then just ask people to do pip install audiogame-environment or something.

Again though, thanks a lot for doing this smile. I thi nk there are a lot of people willing to help out, there just needs to be a person who starts the process.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ctoth via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ctoth via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ctoth via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : raven via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Thakur ishan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ctoth via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ctoth via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ctoth via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Farhad Ali Bhatti via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Farhad Ali Bhatti via Audiogames-reflector