Re: 3Kingdoms/3Scapes

Warder is fairly newbie friendly in that the guild subsidizes all guild purchases and you don't have to start repaying anything until I think guild level 15. It also has it's own guild weapon and cloak, so that helps with equipment. The guild shop sells all but amulet, rings and other slot and the guild donation box usually has some good eq in it as well. So it's not a very coin-heavy guild, it has massive HP regen, gets powerful quickly and is probably the most unique guild with the most stuff to unlock next to gentech. Just be aware of when you start needing to pay the guild back for subsidies. If you drop too far into the negatives they'll lock you out of all guild purchases and angreal requisitions until you donate enough money to bring your balance back up.

I'm just going to say this now. If guess the syntax in any form bothers you, get far, far away from any LP MUD. I have no idea why, but developers of LP seem to love guess the syntax. Other b ases where I've seen heavy questing haven't done this nearly as much, such as the Aber codebases. There's a theory floating around that guess the syntax comes from programmers who are used to debugging code building their quests in such a manner that they need that sort of thought process to solve, and since LP is more code heavy than most bases for even basic building I guess this makes sense.

Having said that, if guess the syntax bothers you but you're ok with quest walkthroughs, then just create a character on 3Kingdoms, use the big red button to advance your character a little so it'll save and sign up for qinfo.dyndns.org. They were supposed to have changed the quests in 3Scapes so 3K qinfo didn't work, but laziness works in our favor in this case and as far as I've seen, it hasn't happened. On top of that, for any quests that might have been changed, all they've done really is move a few items around so the hints and direction s given by qinfo will be enough to help solve the quest. Some elements of quests are randomised like covenant, but again, with basic directions on the goal of the quest and where to look, what syntaxes to use etc, there's enough that the quest can still be solved without spending weeks ripping your hair out trying to figure out what drugs the wizards were on.

If you're ok with just not questing, there's always just grinding up the unique guilds. Only monks on 3Scapes have quest point requirements late in the guild, though gentech can unlock a guild experience bonus for questing. Questing isn't required at all and is basically there for elitists who like to show off convenience privaleges and shiny but mostly useless or single-boot objects. Some of the later high mortal privaleges look kind of neat, such as an extra shield to help with tanking, quitting with equipment and the ability to summon some kind of minion, but I tend to doubt they're actually th at useful since I've never seen anyone using them in the groups I've run with. As for quitting with equipment, people tend to get stuck on that when really, the mud doesn't put that much emphasis on equipment anyway and once you start making money, the auction house is always full of good eq the first few hours after boot, so no need to constantly run gear unless you just like to be competitive.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Fang via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Fang via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Fang via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Oberon via Audiogames-reflector