Re: Supernova disappointments

I'm not surprised. It seems like all the commercial screen reader developers are behaving like this nowadays. All I'll say is that I'm happy with the current state of accessibility on Windows. I've been using NVDA exclusively since late 2012 and haven't given any thoguht to commercial readers. Now that I think about it, the only reason anyone in their right mind would continue to pay exorbitant prices for these products is to gain access to a very specific application using scripts. I'm not going to go on a rant about the stupidity of using scripts to make applications more usable, but let's just say that the developer should do the work to fix the application permanently. I think these screen readers will either have to improve substantially or they will be left behind as Microsoft continues to improve Narrator.

If you use Narrator and NVDA, you will never pay another cent for the same access that your peers get for free. Apple was the fir st company to push this philosophy and after a very long delay, Microsoft is finally doing the right thing as well. Speaking of paying, do you need to pay for upgrades for Supernova?