Re: Keyboard Controls for action/adventure games

@Dark
Whilst I agree having a hand for movement and a hand for buttons is a sound idea, given that I'm more accustomed to a controller, I'm normally better equipped to use my left for movement and my right for actions.  That and if you want to be more in-line with modern trends, WSAD/WASD and U I O J K L would be a better idea imho.

I mean maybe, if you want the best of both worlds, just have the two schemes as presets and then allow for extended mapping outside of that?

You are right though, I can't remember the last time (for an action game) that two local players used the same keyboard, though I guess theoretically it might happen, regardless of how unlikely it is.